Good-bye Austin....

Unbelievably, the time has come for me to say good-bye to Austin, my home for the past six and a half years. God has done so much in my life while living in this city. He has introduced me to some of the most amazing people in the world, allowed me to teach the greatest 4th graders every year for six years, and deepened my relationship with Him more than I ever thought possible.

I had a heaviness in my heart when I woke up Sunday morning and realized this season of my life was really at the end. I've been in a spiritual battle, as well, as fears and doubts have crept up unexpectedly. However, God is so faithful and His presence never ceases to calm me and remind me that it is He who has called me to this great new season in life. He will be with me each step of the way, leading each step I take. He has already set up divine appointments with many people in the country of Botswana. I will have the privilege of loving on them and demonstrating the love of Christ to them on a daily basis. He has precious kids all ready for me to teach and minister to and a group of beautiful teenage girls ready for me to love on and disciple in the Lord. When I think of those things, I get so excited!

I come to you as your sister in Christ and ask for you to partner in prayer with me during this time. I so badly need the peace of Christ to cover me constantly and the assurance that I am not alone in this move. Even though I have such a peace in my spirit that this is God's will, my flesh still interferes and causes me to fear what's to come. I pray that I would be diligent in seeking hard after God's heart during these last three weeks before leaving. And I pray for wonderful time with my family enjoying the last days together that we will have until I return in two years.

I would also LOVE for you to write as often as you'd like to let me know how you are and how I can pray for you. It encourages my spirit so much to walk this life out with spiritual family, remembering that we have each other for encouragement and support. It's such an honor to serve the Lord among such amazing people. I love and appreciate you!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

We have a phone date, i haven't forgotten, I just have been up to my armpits in nursing finals.

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry that I missed you both times you came by (home and school). It was so nice to get to visit by phone. I'll keep up via e-mail and check your blog.

Kimberly said...

Can't wait to hear all your updates when you are in Africa.

Tisha said...

I've been praying for you lately. I cannot wait to hear all that you have to share from your experiences there. Lots of love!