Less than a month!

With less than a month left before I leave for Africa, things are kind of picking up speed around me. I have learned a couple of things over the past few weeks: 1) I have the most amazing people in my life. I can't believe all the love, encouragement, and support I have felt from so many. 2) Goodbyes are way too hard! I am half way through my two-weeks of good-byes here in Austin and it has been just as hard as I thought it would be. I am full of such love for my friends and spiritual family here and really wish I could just take everyone with me to Botswana. Because that is not possible, I will continue with my "see you later" get-togethers and pray that God will allow our friendships to stay strong, even across the distance.

Prayer points:
1) Emotional strength, especially during this next week
2) Time management and getting last minute details handled (anyone who knows me well knows what a procrastinator I can be. Because of that, there are several things that have piled up for me to take care of these last few weeks.)
3) Excitement and an all surpassing peace about my upcoming departure
4) No fear! (The enemy likes to get me with this one in many areas of life.)
5) A safe drive home to my parents' house next Thursday

I can't tell you how much it means when I run into someone who tells me they've been keeping up with me and praying for me, even when I didn't know it. Or when I receive an e-mail or phone call of encouragement at just the perfect time. I could never walk this journey out without each of you. Thank you so, so much!

No comments: