June 27 Update

"Do not be frightened, and do not be dismayed, for the Lord your God is with you wherever you go." Joshua 1:9

It's been a very reflective week for me. I had a minor "moment" on Monday night, where the enormity of all I am leaving behind really hit me. There is so much I will miss while away from here for two years...birthdays, weddings, reunions, etc. I was reminded Monday just how much "God" this whole adventure and move to Botswana is and how "un-Andrea" it is. Just in my flesh, without His spirit, I would choose to remain here in Austin where I am comfortable, teach at the same school, keep serving in my church, be able to visit family and friends whenever I want, keep my cat and my things, etc. etc. Praise God that my life is now His and He gives me strength do to His will. I was comforted during my "moment" of God's words to Joshua to not be frightened or dismayed and that He is with me wherever I go. When all else is left behind and I am seemingly alone, headed for a whole new world of change, He is with me every single step of the way, strengthening and encouraging me, as well as filling me with such joy and peace as I walk in His will.

Praises:
  • Praise God for leading me to an amazing community group through my church. I was really hungering for adult fellowship and Bible study, and He definitely led me to the right place! I am thrilled to be a part of this group of amazing people and look forward to new, precious friendships being formed there.
  • Financial and prayer support raising continues to go well as God astounds me with His provision!
  • I have been able to have some amazing fellowship with friends over the past week. Many of you know how much I love having "coffee dates" and great conversation with friends. This is probably my favorite thing to do, and I've been blessed with many of these opportunities recently!

Prayer requests:

  • I have had to fight more this past week to find time to be in the Word and in prayer. It seems that I am working quite a bit and then when I am home, I am overwhelmed with all that needs to be done there. I pray for the diligence and discipline to find that much needed time with the Lord and to not let a day go by without it.
  • I am continuing to pray that God would raise up financial and prayer partners, who will partner with me as God sends me to minister to the people of Botswana. He's provided in amazing ways so far, but there is still quite a ways to go.
  • I am needing a little encouragement and strength from the Lord right now as my move-out date nears (July 31st!) and I begin a whole new season of walking by faith. I am somewhat unsure still how He is going to work all things out, but I have full confidence that He is going to move in ways that I couldn't even imagine.

Thank you so much for walking this journey with me. I stand in awe of how God has surrounded me with such an amazing support structure. I am truly, truly blessed. Please keep me updated on how I may also pray for you.

No comments: