Purpose in the Waiting

If you know me, you know how much I adore Beth Moore and am so thankful for how God has used her ministry in my life. This morning, her words of wisdom encouraged me again, and believing that others need to hear this too, I'd love to pass this on to you.

"The Lord longs to be gracious to you. God says, 'I know the timing here, I'm longing too. When your prayer request waits, you're longing...and so is He! If He's longing and waiting, there is something the wait is for. There will be a wait and a wait and a wait, and suddenly there will be a whirlwind answer with such velocity, it nearly blows your wig off! He'll come swiftly. You can wait and long, but do not fret." -Beth Moore

"Yet the Lord longs to be gracious to you; He rises to show you compassion. For the Lord is a God of justice. Blessed are all who wait for Him." Isaiah 30:18

If you are in a waiting period, trusting the Lord in faith, especially if you aren't seeing any kind of breakthrough yet, please be encouraged like me that "there is something the wait is for," and "He will come swiftly" and work things out when the time is just right. We see in part, but He sees the whole!

5 comments:

Brad said...

Oh, my dear friend. God gave you that word just for me. Thank you SO much for sharing it!

KSA said...

Thanks, I needed that. I am waiting to be allowed to return to my second home. Glad to be reminded that I am not waiting alone.

Leah said...

love that

emily said...

I really needed this! SO good!

Joanne said...

This is so great! Actually I knew this already, but everytime I read things like that, is encourages me!!
Thanks for sharing! Miss you!!!
xx Joane