Milkshake dates

One of my absolute favorite things to do with the teenagers in Botswana was to go to a nearby outdoor restaurant, Audi Camp, and have milkshakes (cafe mocha for me) and muffins. We would sit on comfy couches and just enjoy each other's company for about an hour or so. There were also some really great conversations, some competitive domino games, and lots of laughter.

Since I could only fit four people in my car at a time, our groups were kept fairly small. (Although there were a couple of times that we squeezed in an extra kid or two...crazy.) As the end of the year drew to a close, I found myself on one of these milkshake dates 2-3 times a week so that I was able to take as many of the kids as possible. I'd already taken most of the girls out, so the last few weeks were mostly hang-out times with the guys. We had such fun!

Here are some pictures from a few of those final milkshake dates:













No comments: