News and updates

Sorry to be kind of absent from blogging lately. It's a combination of being bogged down with end-of-the-year stuff and internet connection issues. Anyway, here's a quick summary of the latest around here.
  • Unbelievably, we have a little over one week of school left for the year. I can't believe it's already over! I am thankful to have finally finished all of my reports (which takes forever) and am now able to just enjoy the last few days I have with my class and boarders.
  • It looks like next year I will be teaching a combined class of standard 5 and 6. Although this will be a little tougher, I am thrilled at the idea of having my class again! Sadly, three of my boys will be leaving, but having the other nine again will be such a huge blessing!
  • The good-byes have started. I've already said good-bye to my friends, Munya and The Walkers, who both have recently moved away. Coming up next is Gary, Stacy, Tshepiso, and Angela, all of whom are leaving next week and Adrian and Tendai, who will be leaving in the next couple of weeks. It's so bizarre (and quite heart-wrenching) to say good-bye to so many people I am close to, all at the same time. I trust God, though, and already see how He is opening doors for new relationships here.
  • This week has been a little strange since it is Thanksgiving back home. I am happy, though, that there is going to be a Thanksgiving celebration with all of the Americans here on Saturday. I'll be sure to post pictures and tell stories afterwards. I will miss my family so much, but it's nice to know that I will get to celebrate with some of my "family" here.
  • The rainy season has finally started and the weather is much, much better! I love the cooler, overcast days which are pretty common these days. And everything is so green and pretty now!
More updates and pictures to come soon. Until then, may you each have a wonderful, blessed, fun-filled Thanksgiving!

No comments: