Remembering

I made it home safely from my road trip with friends and look forward to writing all about it and posting some fun pictures in the next few days. But today I am pausing to remember someone very special who went to be with the Lord this week.

Eric Stovall
was a dear friend of my dad's, especially during the time he lived in Illinois. He had kept in close contact with him and since I arrived in Botswana, Eric has also kept in contact with me. Every month I knew I could expect to receive a wonderful email filled with encouragement and support. He and his wife, Phyllis, have been true blessings to me throughout my time here and huge supports to me in many ways, especially with their faithful prayer support and encouragement.

Eric was a wonderful man with a huge heart. He loved the Lord and cared deeply about others, and those of us on earth touched by his life will miss him dearly. I pray today for God to graciously provide His love, comfort, and strength to his precious wife, family, and friends during this time. And I thank the Lord today for Eric's life and how He used him to encourage and bless so many others, including me.

"For I have derived much joy and comfort from your love, my brother, because the hearts of the saints have been refreshed through you." Philemon 7

No comments: