Two Months...This is going to be tough!

Oh my gosh, it's hitting me. Seriously. I am feeling the full weight of all the emotions that come with the words, "Two months." I just can't believe it! How did this time already get here? I feel like I will just blink and find that it's only one month left. Time is just flying by so quickly, and honestly I kind of want to put the brakes on a bit. I'm not ready. There's so much left to do. All those kids in my class who I've poured into for almost two years...I'm not quite ready to let them go. And these teenagers who've actually become friends of mine, not to mention all of the adults who've become my family. How will I leave all of this and walk away? Gosh, it's going to be so hard.

But I will do it, with the strength, the peace, and the joy that the Lord will provide. Thankfully, the kids, the teenagers, the adults, the country of Botswana...all of them belong to Him. They are safely in His care and I know He's going to continue the great work He's doing in all of them. Maybe I'll see some of it from afar. Maybe I won't see or hear from some of these people again until Heaven. Either way, I rejoice that God will not leave them. He loves them so much and will continue pursuing them for a deeper love relationship with Him. I was just one person in their lives. He will send more. And though they've blessed me more than I can possibly express, He will give me the strength to leave them in His hands and open my heart up for new relationships, for new students, for new youth to pour into, for new experiences and opportunities to share Him with others. The chapter is slowly coming to a close....but I know a new and exciting one will quickly follow. And praise God that He will hold my hand as He leads me into it.

Lord, give me all the strength I need, and please, please help me to make these last couple of months the most special, most precious ones yet.

5 comments:

Leah said...

Praying for your transition and that God would prepare your heart for it!

Anonymous said...

2 months!!! Wow! I can still remember setting up your scouting trip! Ish! Where does the time go????

Speaking Soundly said...

Repeating what my oh so wise daughter says" God's hands will perfect you."
His hands will do the same for all those you've touched. :)

Andrea said...

Wow, Tisha. That's so deep for little Maddie! Thanks for sharing. :)

Stephrs said...

Oh friend, He will do all that and so much more! Psalm 121 for you my friend, and I am always here for you when you get home. I love you!