Great day!

Today was such a full and fantastic day! Here are the highlights:
  • One of the teenagers came to my classroom with my camera that I'd left at Fire by Nite on Friday, which I presumed was long gone. He saw it there and recognized it as mine, picked it up and held it for me over the weekend. I was so excited to see it in his hands this morning! And so very proud of his honesty and responsibility.
  • I had a little send-off for most of my students as they embark on a four day school camping trip. I'm really excited for them, but admittedly sad to see them go. I'm going to miss them! Praying for a very safe trip with tons of fun adventures.
  • With only four students left in class, I needed to be creative with my teaching. I don't really want to teach any new concepts to 1/5 of my class, so I decided to have some fun with them with a competitive game of Monopoly! (Hey, there's learning there...economics, math, business skills...) Sadly, I lost. But we had a great time!
  • Every Monday afternoon I get to hang out with a bunch of teenage girls as we study the book, A Young Woman's Walk with God. I love this time with them and always feel so blessed afterwards.
  • Two of the girl boarders and one of the boys came over to the house after school for a hilarious game of Spades. I love laughing so hard that my stomach hurts...something that happens often with these three. :) Sadly I lost this game too...badly...but at least we had fun!
  • Theresa (my housemate), Ashley, Dietra (two of the interns), and I went to Audi Camp for some girl time and cafe mochas! It was such a nice little outing and I really enjoyed getting to know them more.
  • Ashley and I hosted "Aerobics Night" in my classroom for a 30-minute workout with any of the boarders who wanted to come. We had a really good showing and collectively burned A TON of calories. So great!
  • Now I'm ending my day by watching an episode of 24 before enjoying what will surely be a great night's sleep.
In the midst of this crazy water crisis with brown/black water coming from our taps and super-hot, miserable temperatures outside, God blessed me with a really fantastic day. I'm so thankful!

2 comments:

aimee said...

So sorry the water crisis is still there. But it sounds like you all know how to have fun in spite of it!

Unknown said...

good for you guys to burn the calories!!! i guess the sweltering heat helped add a few too. also, PTLord! that the young man returned your camera. yes!!!