March Trip Update #6...3/23/07

I just can’t believe that I am leaving today. The past two weeks have been absolutely incredible. I am pretty worn out from my time here in Botswana, but so full of joy and hope in what God has for my future in this beautiful place.

I met with Linda, the administrator here, yesterday and we agreed that my best placement would be as a teacher in the school. We will start the main part of the paper work in August. We already started some, as the process is a long and tedious one. I trust God completely, though. He has brought me this far, so I must have faith that He will carry this on to completion.

Ministry-wise, I will definitely have a role in the children’s ministry. Other than that, I will try out some different things after I get here. I would love to help out in the Mercy Ministries area if there is a place for me. All the possibilities are endless!

Today I went on a walking “safari” at the Maun Wildlife Park, just a few minutes from where I am at. I had a wonderful time and got some great pictures. We saw impala, warthogs (up very close!), monkeys, and right before we left, we almost ran into a giraffe! It was so beautiful and tall! The beauty of all He has created is amazing, isn’t it?

Tonight I went to church in a bit of a melancholy mood. It is so difficult to have to leave here. Being in Botswana just totally “fits”. I really feel like I am home here. Don’t get me wrong, I love America, especially the precious people in my life, but I know that God has called me here. It can be difficult to wait patiently on Him and His timing in bringing His plans for me here to fruition. As of now, the plan is for me to return early in January and fulfill a two-year commitment, placing me in Maun, Botswana until December of 2009 at least. I am so excited! I have a busy nine months ahead of me, but I know the time will probably fly by and I will finally have the opportunity to purchase a one way ticket to my favorite place to be. :)

No comments: