Resting in God's sovereignty

I just walked by one of the rooms tonight and heard all the girls in there taking turns praying before going to sleep. This is a recent thing they have started and I love it! It has helped to remind me of how God is working among these young ladies in a real, powerful way and also brought me some needed encouragement during kind of a rough week.

Without getting into details, there are many issues we are dealing with right now in the boarding hostel. I have found myself feeling discouraged, doubting, and a bit overwhelmed. The great thing, though, is that God promises to bring good out of all things and I already see that in this situation. He’s also reminding me in a big way of His sovereignty. Nothing catches Him off guard or shocks Him. No matter what ever happens in life, He is still on the throne and it’s comforting to remember that He is in control.

I saw this scripture passage tonight and it really ministered to my spirit, “Thus says God, the Lord, who created the heaves and stretched them out, who spread out the earth and what comes from it, who gives breath to the people on it and spirit to those who walk in it: ‘I am the Lord: I have called you in righteousness; I will take you by the hand and keep you; I will give you as a covenant for the people, a light for the nations…’” Isaiah 42:5-6

No comments: