Trusting Him with the future

"The heart of a man plans his way; but the Lord establishes his steps." Proverbs 16:9

"Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and do not lean on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge Him, and He will make straight your paths." Proverbs 3:5-6


These are two verses that I've been meditating on lately. Several things in my life seem unclear right now, specifically regarding my future. One thing God has taught me in the past few years is to hold on loosely to my "plans" because those can very quickly change! At one point in my life, I thought I had my life planned out well and felt comfortable with the direction it was going in. I never in a million years pictured that this is where I would be right now and this is what my life would look like. I'm so thankful that God knows best and that no matter how much we plan things, His will is perfect and will prevail.

Having said that, I am working towards living in a place of total surrender to whatever the Lord has planned for my life. I am coming to terms with the fact that it might mean my life looking quite different than I think. I am not sure what it all means, but I just hold on to these verses that He will establish my steps and make my paths straight. I pray that He would rid me of my selfishness and that I would live out His purposes and plans with total contentment and joy. I would love to ask for your prayers of agreement in this area.

"For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, declares the Lord. For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways and my thoughts than your thoughts." Isaiah 55:8

2 comments:

Geraldo Maia said...

Hello Andrea
It is a great pleasure to visit your nice and interesting blog for the first time.
Best wishes from Brazil:
Geraldo

Anonymous said...

Seeing the pictures I saw that is beautiful and the photos are even more beautiful with your smile. Congratulations on blog and sorry for my english