Losses

In the midst of many blessings, there has also been some sadness lately. This week we lost our math teacher, Mr. Henry, after a recent illness. It's been really strange for everyone and I think we're all still a little shocked. We all just keep expecting to see him walking around school one day. It's a sad time for both our school and for his family. He leaves behind a wife and two young children.

Then today I encountered personal sadness. My mom called this afternoon to tell me that my cousin, Wesley, passed away this morning. He was only 24 and leaves behind two beautiful, young daughters. My whole family is really grieving right now and it's hard to be so far away. I am very thankful for the internet and Skype, which help me to feel somewhat connected. My heart is with my family already, so it's nice to be able to talk to them, too.

The Bible tells us that our life is but a vapor; it comes and goes so quickly. I've been especially reminded of that this week and feel encouraged to not take the people in my life for granted and appreciate every day. Life is such a gift. Let's live it well.

Mr. Henry Sawerengara Wesley and his girls

3 comments:

Heather said...

Love you and praying for you and your students as you guide them and for your family

Fabdarling said...

Andrea, I am so sorry to hear of your losses and the sadness it brings. Know I am thinking of you.

Andrea said...

Thank you so much. Those thoughts and prayers really mean a lot to me.