Oh Happy Day!

I've been singing this song all evening because today, FINALLY, after three and a half months, my vehicle is fixed and home!! I can't tell you how thrilled I am about this! Here are a few reasons why I'm excited:
  • Grocery shopping and checking my mail whenever I want
  • Dinners out on my nights off (and a break from hostel food!)
  • Meeting up with friends that don't live at the mission
  • Getting to pick up a couple of my students for church
  • Taking the teens out for milkshakes
  • Afternoons at Audi Camp!! (This is my favorite place to go in Maun. Quiet, relaxing environment, good food, and yummy cafe mochas!)
  • A way to "escape" when I just need a little bit of time away
Tomorrow I have to get my vehicle registration renewed and work on getting my Botswana license. (Yes I've lived here for eighteen months and haven't gotten one yet. Oops!) Now that they are really cracking down on this and issuing huge fines, I am definitely getting this done right away. Then you can be sure you'll see me all over Maun, enjoying my vehicle again!

3 comments:

Its just me said...

YAY!!! What great news. I a m so happy for you. :)

Kelli said...

Congratulations! I bet you feel renewed just a little huh?

Andrea said...

Thank you! And yes, it does help to make me feel a little renewed! :)